Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy 60th Birthday, Dad! - February 18

Dad got his birthday celebration off to a bang at 12:10am when Ripley had a seizure. He said it was either a seizure or an earthquake that woke him out of a sound sleep. (Ripley is on medication for her seizures, but occasionally has one anyway.) Then Charleigh woke up with a low grade fever a couple of hours later. I told Dad that Brian and I just wanted to make sure that they were getting the full Bohannon household experience!

Needless to say, Charleigh did not come to visit today so she did not share the fever. This, despite the fact that she acted just fine all day. I had Mom take her to the doctor's and her ears and chest were fine. (Again, they need the FULL experience and there is nothing like a trip to the pediatrician.) The only good part of this is that Dad got to enjoy a home cooked meal on his birthday. This is a rarity with all of the driving back and forth. Charleigh seems to be better, so I will look forward to seeing her tomorrow. No 24 hour rule here - I am far too impatient.

Teaghan is doing very well still. Each day gets a little longer sitting her, but I know (somewhere in my mind) that each day counts. For now, my favorite part of each day is when Charleigh calls to sing to me at bedtime. She generally chooses two selections from Twinkle, Twinkle, ABCs, and Pat-A -Cake. Tonight I got to hear all three!

No comments:

Post a Comment