Friday, February 26, 2010

February 26

The days just keep getting longer and more miserable! I once again have a roomie, only this time, they even moved me to a different room. My space in this room is smaller than a jail cell. I literally can't move and all of my things are in bags...I can find nothing at all! On top of this I can no longer even see outside. Forget the fact that it totally grosses me out to be sharing a bathroom (especially with her 24 hour urine sample hanging out on the floor). They claim they are full, but there are empty rooms! On top of that, my light is broken and they don't seem to think it is a priority to fix it.

I know you are dying to know about this roommate... She is far better than the first one, however, I think I may have to report her for verbal abuse to her husband! She is so stinkin' mean to him and he is kissing her you know what! As I type, they are arguing about whether or not to brush their teeth before bed. Really?!? He went to the store and bought her Junior Mints when she said she meant breath mints. He really took a beating for this one! Poor guy! Overall, she is fine, but kind of snobby. Hopefully this is short lived!

On the brighter side of things, the ICN doctor did come by today. My parents and Charleigh were there, too, so it was nice that they could hear what he had to say. To summarize, he said that the picture has improved greatly from 29 weeks to 32 1/2 where we are now. He gave lots of reasons as to why and then also talked about how great it would be if we could make it to 34 weeks. (Guess I won't take the easy way out and be induced at 33!) The main issues now will be feeding, maintaining body temperature and possibly some breathing. The man we spoke with was the head of the unit and was very knowledgeable. He also shared some about the unit with us; I was surprised that they have 30 beds in the ICN. (20 of them are currently filled.) I hope that end of the road is easier than this (although I know it won't be easy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment