Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22

Today was a busy day full of tests! First I had blood drawn for a CBC, which came back fine. Next, we were off to ultrasound for our two week growth check. Teaghan still looks good, and I still have very little fluid. Their guess at her weight was approximately 3lbs. 11 oz. We were a little disappointed that she had not gained a little more (this takes her from the 80th percentile when we arrived to the 48th percentile today). The high risk OB that we spoke with following the ultrasound said this is not at all of concern; she is a very average baby. She also reminded us that this is just an approximate weight and that with such low levels of fluid it makes it even more difficult to get an accurate measurement. It was very difficult to determine just what the ultrasound tech was looking at, especially her face!

When we came back upstairs, the doctors had decided to continue to test my blood sugar levels because of the high fasting rate yesterday. They said it has nothing to do with what I am eating, but rather my body's reaction to pregnancy. Of course, I could watch how many carbs I am consuming, but not obsessively. Then came the nutritionist...she was a bit harsh! She told me that I had gestational diabetes, changed my menu and gave me a list of a TON of food to consume in a day. Since this was contradictory to what I was told in the morning, I checked in with the doctor who said I heard correctly this morning...no gestational diabetes, just concern for the morning fasting levels. They will continue to check 4 times a day, but today's levels were great!

Brian headed back to Keene to work tonight. He is going to work from noon until 10pm tomorrow to try to make it here despite the snow. My parents are going to try to get Charleigh here for a visit before the anticipated snow since I may miss a day or two of seeing her. I knew there were more reasons I hate snow!

1 comment:

  1. Take care Kim. We are still thinking of you everyday! :O)

    ReplyDelete