Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February 23 - 32 Weeks!

Thirty two weeks sounds so far along! I have been here for 17 days; far longer than I thought I would be when I was admitted. We are hoping to hear from the ICN (Intensive Care Nursery - same as NICU) doctor tomorrow about how the picture has changed if she were to be born tomorrow.

In making it to 32 weeks, Teaghan now has to have accelerations of at least 15 beats per minute when she is on the monitor. This morning was fine, but tonight she was sleeping for the first 15 minutes of the test. Once she woke up she had no problems with the non-stress test and was moving like crazy.

They continued to monitor my sugar today and all of the four test were low. They like the fasting test to be below 95, mine was 89, and they want all of the 2-hour post meal tests to be under 120. All three of mine were in the 80's. Maybe I can go back to eating chocolate soon!

Charleigh came to visit today and was very well behaved! Of course, the first thing she said to me was, "Mom, wanna go for a ride?"! What a piece of work! They will stay home tomorrow because of the snow and we will see what the rest of the weeks looks like.

Brian worked early today and will leave Keene at 10:00pm tonight. He will need to slow his speed down from his NASCAR style driving with the snow! It seems like it will be better for him to drive tonight than tomorrow morning. Of course, as long as he is here, nothing will happen. If he was snowed in, she would decide the time had come for sure!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you and Teaghan are doing well. I can't imagine being stuck in the hospital that long, but every day she is growing more so I guess it's best that she stays put for now! Now whenever I start to complain about being uncomfortable or exhausted from sleepless nights I just think.... well it could be worse! You're helping me to stay positive on this last home stretch... 8 more weeks to go! :)

    We're thinking of you and hope for the best!

    Love, Kendra & Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim,
    So happy to hear that things are still going well for you and Teaghan! David and I look at your blog every day to see how you are doing. We sent out a small care package last week hope it gets to you soon. Just something to make you smile!
    You're in our thoughts every day!
    Love, David & Leslie

    ReplyDelete