Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 24

How long does it take a pregnant person to get really sick of being in the hospital? 18 Days! I am very over being here! From sitting in bed all day to getting my finger pricked 4 times a day and not seeing Charleigh, I have officially had it! I want to go home...

It took Brian 2 hours to get here Tuesday night in the snow. He said he could barely see for a least half of the ride. He arrived just before midnight and crashed as soon as he walked through the door! When he got here, he did mention that his neck was itchy. When he woke up in the morning, it was his neck, feet, legs, back...he had a horrible rash. So to the ER he went. I wish I had gone because he said after a short time of being there it got so bad that his whole body was one fire....he said he couldn't even sit still. Three prescriptions later he is like a new person!

No visit from the ICN doctors today...hopefully someone will come before Brian has to leave tomorrow.

Tonight, I have the biggest (not so nice word) for a nurse you can imagine. Katelyn was here when she was my nurse last week and she could not believe how she talked to me. Most of the nurses here are really nice, this one not so much! I will spare you the details, but it ruined my whole night!

2 comments:

  1. i am so there with you sister!!! (okay cousin)-- please know although I haven't been in your shoes- i know that hospital life gets OLD fast!!-- Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kim -- one of our really good friends lived up there for weeks waiting for her little preemie to come into the world- would love to put the two of you together!-- Please let me know if you would like this- she might be able to share things with you that were helpful for her-- (she has had 2 micro preemies) and they are doing great now at almost 5 and almost 10

    ReplyDelete