Saturday, February 20, 2010

February 20

Today was a pretty quiet day. Teaghan behaved on the monitor both this morning and tonight. Brian is back for the weekend to keep me company and Charleigh came for a visit this afternoon. We went for our routine wheelchair ride and Charleigh enjoyed every minute of it.

When the doctor came in this morning, she told me that one of the blood draws on my three hour glucose test was a little high. (Keene told me it was fine.) She said I could either repeat the three hour test or they could do a finger prick sugar test 4 times a day once a week until I deliver. ANYTHING would be better than doing the three hour test again! This does not indicate that I have gestational diabetes, but that I am at high risk for carbohydrate intolerance. They can't take much away from the menu that they offer me, so I guess it won't matter either way.

I also forgot to mention that I missed a major milestone in Charleigh's life yesterday....she pooped on the potty for the first time! I guess of all things to miss, this is one of the messier ones! She did tell me on the phone, though, and was quite proud!

On another note, inquiring minds want to know if I ate the cupcake so generously offered to me yesterday. The answer is NO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment