Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1 - A New Month

Now that I am totally disgusted with the Bachelor...

This morning we finally were able to get a definite date that they will induce me... the fun will begin March 9. At first, the doctor said that I would not be 34 weeks until Wednesday the 10th, but after seeing the look on my face, he decided to double check. I was right! When Keene admitted me, they wrote the wrong due date down, so they checked my early ultrasounds. One day may not seem like a lot, but for me, that's a whole 24 hours more to sit in bed! They already had two inductions scheduled for this date, but bumped one of them, since they can only do two in a day. I guess that is the benefit of sitting here waiting for a month!

They also decided to cut back the non-stress tests to only one time each day. This is stressing me out a little so I am going to double check with the doctor in the morning. When the nurse told me this tonight, she thought it was a good thing because Teaghan has done so well. To me, this time on the monitor is my reassurance that everything is okay. We'll see...

When you have been in a hospital bed for so long, it becomes quite depressing to look in the mirror. SO...while make up and a curling iron sound like way too much energy, my eyebrows were a permanent fix that needed help. I decided to wax my own eyebrows in my hospital room. Mom delivered the goods yesterday. Since you can't see in the mirror very well, I climbed up on the chair and sat on the counter (and only got caught by Nellie the cleaning lady). I felt much better when done! This is enough for now, though...no major makeover before next Tuesday for me!

Today was a no Charleigh day, but she will be here tomorrow afternoon. Brian went back to Keene to work, so it was quiet night.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, not happy with the Bachelor!!

    I'm so happy you and Teaghan seem to be doing so well and even better after a good eyebrow waxing! I love reading your blog everyday - very entertaining. I know it must be so difficult to be there everyday, but it must feel really good to have the induction date set. Hang in there!

    Love, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you finally have a date. You and Teaghan get your rest!

    ReplyDelete