Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 9

Teaghan continues to do very well! She is up to eating 24mL every 3 hours and that will increase at 11pm tonight to 30mL (1 ounce) every three hours. She gained another 20 grams and is headed back to her birth weight. She looks very jaundice, but still has bilirubin levels right below her cutoff. The doctors said that today is the day her levels should peak and then they should start to go down. The only other issues are totally related to prematurity....she needs a little extra heat and continues to have about one apnea issue each day. They say both of these issues will resolve themselves in time.

There has been some talk of transferring Teaghan back to Keene. While I am happy that she is doing well enough to continue this, I am not incredibly comfortable with that move. She is monitored so closely now and they deal with premature babies all the time. I really would like her to stay where she is for a little longer, even if it is harder on all of us.

Teaghan was moved to another bed space today. The little boy next to her went home and they needed two close spaces for a set of twins. They are almost moving her as much as they moved me!

I went home for a brief visit last night (Monday) and Charleigh was very excited to realize that I still live in our house! We got in our jammies and played hard before bed. After making her pancakes for breakfast, I headed back to the hospital early. Although I hated leaving the hospital even for this short time, it was so nice to spend this time with Charleigh. I am looking forward to a time when we can sleep at home with both girls!

2 comments:

  1. Kim- let me know if you want to talk to my friend Sandy who had 2 preemies come back to Cheshire Medical after being in DHMC for extended time- she might be able to answer the questions that you have?? Mist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that Teaghan is progressing well. She may take two steps forward and then one back (preemies do that) but she'll be moving in the right direction. I'm sure you are aching for the day when both girls will be sleeping in their beds at home. It will come, and what a happy day it will be. I look forward to more good progress reports.

    ReplyDelete