Saturday, March 6, 2010

March 5 - One Day Old


I am actually writing this early on Saturday morning because during my usual blogging time, Brian and I were packing our things thinking we were either getting discharged or moved to a new room and being doubled for my last night at the Hitchcock Hotel. Keep in mind this was from 10:30pm on, so I was less than entertained! Needless to say, we packed everything, Brian loaded the car with some things and they decided not to move us...at 1:30am!!!

Anyway...we had a terrific day with Teaghan and Charleigh! We were pleasantly surprised when we went for a quick visit at 5:30am and Teaghan had been taken off of the CPAP (only 9 hours with it) and was breathing 100% on her own. She continues to do well! At this point, they say she is pretty low maintenance; she is still finishing her 48 hours of antibiotics just in case of infection, needs a little bit of additional heat to keep her body temperature up, and has the feeding tube and IV. She has taken what little I have been able to pump as supplements and even becoming a little cranky when it is time to eat!

Charleigh came to see visit and was so very excited to see Baby Teaghan! Because they are so strict with who can see her, our time was limited, and only 3 of us could go in at a time. Mom, Charleigh and I went in and Charleigh was so cute....in her Big Sister shirt, Charleigh gently touched her hand and talked to her. She was also anxious to pack her up and bring her home...not quite yet! Dad came in right after and Brian's parents visited in the afternoon.

I have to say it is very difficult to sit in the ICN with the levels of care some of the babies need. They are SO tiny and some very sick. I am VERY happy that I sat in bed for as long as I did and so incredibly thankful that she is doing so well!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kim, Brian and Big Sister Charleigh!! Welcome Teaghan!! We are so happy that she is here and doing so well. Hey, I like all of that black hair...looks familiar to me!!

    Love,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad all are doing well- thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Kim and Brian!!! Teaghan is beautiful! Soooo glad she is doing well! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete